Financing your Graduate Education
Financing your graduate education is one of the critical factors when considering a graduate program. You want to ensure that you are getting the most out of your investment. Most graduate students at the Morgridge College of Education (MCE) require financial support to pay for their educational expenses. MCE awards more than $14 million annually in student financial assistance which includes various types of awards. Unlike student loans, these awards do not have to be repaid.
eSTIMATED cOST OF tUITION
|Tuition costs||4 Credits/Quarter||8 Credits/Quarter||12-18 Credits/ Quarter|
|Tuition Per Quarter||$5,032||$10,064||$15,096|
- Scholarship: This total does not include any scholarship funding. Students typically receive between $20,000 and $30,000 in the form of the MCE Dean’s Scholarship over the course of their degree.
- Annual tuition: tuition per quarter x 3 (fall, winter and spring quarters; summer quarter is not included)
- Rates: Rates are based off of 2016-17 tuition rates, currently $1258.00/quarter credit-hour. Future years are subject to change and can affect this cost estimate
MCE Dean’s Scholarship
- Awarded to all students. No separate application necessary.
- Amount varies by program and merit.
- Between $10,000 and $50,000 total over the course of your degree.
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantships (GTA/GRA)
- Selected by each department/program chair.
- Candidates are selected based on needed skill sets.
- See your academic advisor for more information.
Gift and Endowed Scholarships
- Over 40 donor-funded awards. Many awards cover multiple students.
- Between $500 and $10,000 per year.
- Your MCE application automatically ensures you are considered for all applicable awards.
Federal TEACH Grant
- Up to $3,708 per year.
- Learn more at www.StudentAid.gov.
LOAN FORGIVENESS PROGRAM FOR TEACHERS
- Up to $17,500 in principle and interest loan forgiveness.
- Must teach for 5 consecutive years in low-income elementary or secondary school.
- Learn more here.
PUBLIC SERVICE LOAN FORGIVENESS
- Forgiveness of remaining loan balances after 120 qualifying monthly payments.
- Must be employed by government or not-for-profit organization.
- Learn more here.