This annual leadership summit brings together college students from across Colorado to join in discussions of social justice, activism, advocacy, and social change. Students participate in a day of interactive
This annual leadership summit brings together college students from across Colorado to join in discussions of social justice, activism, advocacy, and social change. Students participate in a day of interactive workshops, speaker and networking sessions that challenge, grow, inspire and empower them to make change in their own lives and their communities.
We’re excited to have Dr Hillary Potter , Associate Professor of Ethnic Studies at the University of Colorado at Boulder, to engage us in thinking critically about our intersections and impacts this year!
This year, we’ll be exploring: From Tweets to the Streets: Intersections of Mass Media, Social Media and Social Justice.
Our keynote and workshops engage self-awareness, social systems, personal skills and collaborative action through this lens, toward specific outcomes:
By actively participating in CO-LEADS, students will:
- Explore their role in systems of privilege and oppression in our society; specifically Mass Media, Social Media, and Social Justice
- Connect with students from their own and other area campuses, creating a larger network for collaboration and change making
- Engage a wide range of opportunities available to make positive change in our society
Specifically, every participant will:
- Deepen their understanding of their own and others’ identities, and of the intersections of these experiences
- Consider at least one way in which social media positively and/or negatively impacts in/equity in our society
- Leave each session, and the day overall, with action commitments for positive change on their campus and in their community
(Friday) 8:30 am - 4:00 pm MST
Auraria Higher Education Campus
CO-LEADS Planning Committeeigr@du.edu
Comments are closed.