EMDR Basic Training EMDR is a powerful treatment, clinically demonstrated to be effective with several presenting issues. It is an evidence based practice for the treatment of PTSD. EMDR includes components
EMDR Basic Training
EMDR is a powerful treatment, clinically demonstrated to be effective with several presenting issues. It is an evidence based practice for the treatment of PTSD. EMDR includes components of cognitive, emotional, somatic and narrative modalities and facilitates adaptive resolution of symptoms. EMDR Basic Training consists of 50 hours of training. This includes 20 hours of lecture, 20 hours of practicum and 10 hours of group consultation.
Upon completion of all training and consultation, participants will receive a certificate of completion. Completing EMDR Basic Training allows clinicians to practice EMDR with clients, however this is not the same as being Certified in EMDR. EMDR Certification is an additional level of training and experience.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the eight phases of EMDR therapy
- Discuss elements of the AIP Model
- Utilize criteria for client screening for EMDR therapy
- Develop an EMDR treatment plan
- Describe the protocol for closing incomplete sessions.
- Clarify my use of the 8 phase EMDR therapy approach
- Implement 3 strategies to assist with blocked processing
- Describe 2 strategies to use with complex PTSD clients
- Describe 2 strategies to use with dissociative clients
- Apply EMDR with client present day symptoms
This course offers 50 CE hours
Students must meet Eligibility Requirements for EMDR Training.
Six Sessions (must attend all sessions):
April 24, 25, 26
August 1, 2
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (1 hour lunch on your own)
Discounts (use code when registering):
DU Affiliates (alumni, faculty, staff): 10% off – code: CPDGSSW10
Students: 15% off – code: CPDGSSW15
(Friday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Comments are closed.