When does the program start? Can I begin anytime?
- Most programs begin each year in Fall Quarter which is typically the first or second week of September. Some programs, such as the Teacher Preparation Programs and the Educational Leadership and Policy Studies Programs, begin in the Summer Quarter (early June). On rare occasions, students can begin their studies in a different quarter, however, this is arranged on a case-by-case basis only. Students should contact the Morgridge Office of Admissions at email@example.com to explore this option.
What does full-time enrollment mean?
- Full-time enrollment status in a graduate program is achieved by taking a minimum of 8 credit hours per quarter. However, specific funding may require a student to complete 9 credit hours per quarter.
Are classes offered online?
- The majority of our classes are offered on campus, however, there are a few courses that are offered either in a blended format (online with some on-campus meeting times) or online. Canvas is an online tool used by most faculty at DU to provide access to selected course materials, no matter the setting of the class meetings.
- We offer an ALA-Accredited Online MLIS that is fully online and taught by the same on-campus faculty and instructors. Request more information about the online MLIS@Denver program.
How many students are in a typical class?
- Our average class size is generally between 20 and 25 students, but many classes will have 8 to 10 students.