Earlier this year, Chalkbeat Colorado brought its annual Legislative Preview to the Morgridge College of Education where panelists discussed Colorado education policies and topics expected to arise in the January legislative session.
On Thursday, Oct. 15, Chalkbeat journalists circled back with legislators and educators to revisit these topics in an online event co-hosted by the Morgridge College of Education.
Returning panel members included:
- Erica Meltzer, moderator and Chalkbeat Colorado bureau chief
- State Rep. James Coleman, D-Denver
- State Sen. Paul Lundeen, R-Monument
And new panel members included:
- Mark Sass, State Director for Teach Plus Colorado and a high school social studies teacher in the Adams 12 Five Star School District
- Taylor Davis, CEA fellow and music teacher in the North Park School District in Jackson County
Over 140 attendees joined as panelists discussed education challenges around remote learning and education access that have surfaced with the COVID-19 pandemic. The challenges discussed included equitable access to education and resources, what school leaders and policymakers should prioritize, school evaluation and accountability systems, standardized testing, and more.
Watch the full livestream of the event below or on our Facebook.