At the Morgridge College of Education, combining classroom learning with InContext experiences prepares our students to become change agents in their field and community. See how some of our alumni are changing the world.
What is InContext Learning?
We believe in Real Learning—that is, learning that not only includes content and theory but also explores the larger reality of the career for which you are preparing. See more…
Why choose Morgridge College of Education?
At the University of Denver, your academic and social opportunities are limitless. From the College of Education Student Association (COESA) to the DU Alpine Club, you can be involved and lead change across our academic community. See more…
What is expected of Morgridge Students?
Morgridge is committed to preparing a new generation of change agents passionate about making a difference in communities worldwide. You will experience this by learning about relevant research, analyzing theoretical frameworks and connecting to practical settings. You will create positive change through collaboration, innovation and community partnerships.
What is the mission and vision of the Morgridge College of Education?
We developed the Morgridge College of Education’s mission and vision through a careful and inclusive process, with over 200 faculty, staff, students and community members. We’re proud to say that our mission and vision drive who we are and what we do.
The Morgridge College of Education’s mission is to be a force for positive change in the lives of individuals, organizations and communities through unleashing the power of learning.
We accomplish our mission in four ways:
- Through preparing highly competent, socially responsible, ethical and caring professionals to promote learning in diverse settings
- Through actively reaching out beyond our College to engage in learning partnerships with others
- Through contributing high quality research to our respective fields
- Through modeling excellence in all of our own educational programs
The Morgridge College of Education will be a global leader in innovative and effective approaches for promoting learning throughout the lifespan.
Transcending traditional ideas about education and schooling, we will embrace a new, comprehensive vision of learning as a lifelong activity that involves the whole person and can occur through a variety of methods, anywhere and at any time.
We will promote educational change and social equity and will provide leadership for the improvement of education, mental health, and information services and systems.
What is the Morgridge commitment?
The Morgridge College of Education is dedicated to empowering people to lead positive change in education.
Morgridge is committed to:
- Preparing professionals who can think creatively and lead effectively.
- Strengthening connections to community, national and global partners to discuss, research and resolve pressing educational issues and priorities.
Morgridge is leading educational innovation by:
- Preparing highly effective leaders who will close the access and achievement gap between low- and high-income students at the P-20 levels.
- Conducting high-quality, relevant research that can guide public policy discussions and changes in practice.
- Preparing professionals who can differentiate and customize education to ensure the success of diverse learners.
- Creating a structure to coordinate community and state efforts in educational reform.
Message from the Interim Dean
Hello, I am Karen Riley, Interim Dean for the Morgridge College of Education at the University of Denver. Education serves as the foundation and the means for positive change within our society. At Morgridge College, we have strong programs within our three departments (Educational Research, Policy, and Practice; Research Methods and Information Science; and School and Counseling Psychology) that provide our students with a solid foundation to become agents of change.
Choosing a graduate school is one of the most important decisions you will make in your career. This is an exciting time, yet it can be overwhelming as you have many options and are faced with a great deal of information. The University of Denver has a long-standing reputation for excellence, innovation and community involvement. Founded in 1864, our university is recognized as the premier private university in the Rocky Mountain region. Our graduates reside across the country and the world, holding prominent positions within their communities and serving as agents for positive change. We seek students who will perpetuate this positive pattern and continue our mission for equity and inclusive excellence. read more…