Our Commitment to Stand Against Racism and Hate
The Morgridge College of Education stands against hate and racism. As a community of individuals committed to social justice, we are dedicated to going beyond words to take action. Leaders across the College have worked collaboratively to continue existing efforts and to initiate new efforts to affect change within the College, the academy and the broader community.
Our Action Steps
- We will continue to review and amend our recruitment processes to increase the diversity of our faculty, student and staff representation at MCE.
- We will continue college-wide training on issues related to systemic racism, institutional racism, and intersystems approaches to address these enduring forms of racism and discrimination that have marked the history of education in the U.S.
- We will provide additional support and training for faculty to re-examine their courses to ensure integration of inclusive and critical approaches to subject matter content and its application.
- We will work with COESA to develop student-based programming that addresses training and education on systemic and institutional forms of racism.
- We will continue leadership training for Chairs, Directors, and Deans on dismantling systems and policies that reproduce inequities in the College.