External Events are events planned by any individual not affiliated with the Morgridge College of Education.
Internal Events are any events organized by a student, staff or faculty member at the Morgridge College of Education.
Room Scheduling Guidelines for Students
For assistance please contact:
To schedule an event:
- Log on to 25Live through webCentral or directly via the link above to request space for an event. Under the Resources tab, use the Campus Space and Event Requests link, on the lower left hand side, to access the 25Live system.
- Fill out all pertinent event details.
The request is put into an event request queue. Priority is given to Admissions events in the Winter quarter. All MCE events will be processed in the queue on a first-come-first-served basis. All NON-MCE events are processed in coordination with CES; bookings should be made in the 25Live system.
- The event is confirmed only when you have received an official 25Live confirmation email from MCE staff.
- Events scheduled in a classroom space will not be confirmed until all classes are scheduled.
- As the event host, you will be responsible for coordinating all of your event details including technology, catering, clean-up, parking, etc.
- If your event has more than 40 people, you are required to schedule and pay for additional custodial services.
To schedule a class:
- The Program Coordinator submits schedules to the Department Chair for the next academic year by the end of Winter Quarter. Approved schedules are entered into Banner by the Department’s Academic Services Associate (ASA).
- The Program Coordinator submits changes to the approved course schedule to the Department Chair for approval, at least one quarter in advance.
- Specific room requirements should be noted on class schedule requests (technology, layout, size, etc) at least one quarter in advance.
- When the ASA receives the changes approved by the Department Chair, revised days/times/rooms will be entered into Banner.
- One-time class-related events (e.g., a breakout room) will be reserved by the Department’s ASA through the 25Live system. They will be scheduled as a one-time event with the course number included. Please contact your ASA as soon as possible to schedule. Space will depend on other meetings and events already scheduled.
- Meetings and events scheduled in a classroom space will not be confirmed until all classes are scheduled.
To schedule a meeting:
- Log on to 25Live through webCentral to request space for a meeting.
- Fill out all pertinent details, including event type, i.e. meeting. To ensure that your request is received, select a meeting space.
- Please select the room size according to your head count, or your request may be moved to a room appropriate to said head count.
- Meetings are scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis, as space is available.
- Meetings scheduled in a classroom space will not be confirmed until all classes are scheduled.
- The meeting is confirmed only when you have received an official 25Live confirmation email from MCE staff.
- As the meeting host, you will be responsible for coordinating all of your meeting details including technology, catering, clean-up, parking, etc.
- Log on to 25Live through PioneerWeb. Under the Resources tab, go to Space, Event, and Library Room Requests, on the lower left hand side, click Event Requests for Other Campus Spaces (Direct 25Live Link – https://25live.collegenet.com/du/)
- Once in 25Live, you will need to log on a second time using your 87# and PioneerWeb password.
- Select Create an Event
- Create an Event Tutorial: http://www.du.edu/studentlife/campuslife/eventplanningguide/reserve-space/25live.html
- Only the Morgridge College of Education faculty, staff, and students can request spaces using this method. Anyone outside of the Morgridge College of education will be subject to a room rental fee processed through DU Conference and Event Services.
- If you need to cancel a reservation please contact Eric Mareck at email@example.com with the room reservation confirmation number.
Please Note: Catering, audio visual equipment/tech support requests, parking, room setups and/or custodial services are not included in the room reservation and must be requested separately.
Bookable Spaces in Ruffatto Hall:
|Classrooms (capacity)||Meeting Spaces (capacity)||Event Spaces (capacity)|
403 – (8)**
* Room is only used for the Disability Services Program and Learning Effectiveness Program
** No door on room
*** Cisco TelePresence Meetings Only
^ Classroom (Scheduling restrictions)
Additional contacts for Event Planning:
- Conference and Event Services (CES) – for a fee, can help with all event planning logistics. EVENTS@DU.EDU or call 303-871-4333.
- Custodial – Any event with food must request additional custodial services (at least 5 days in advance) in order to keep the building properly cleaned and maintained.
- Submit a work order in the Facilities work order system. http://fac-work-orders.du.edu:81/home.html Enter the building, room, and time frame the event will occur. You will also need to include a budget number for the charges.
- Custodial provides extra trash pickup, cleans the room, and ensure that the bathrooms are appropriately stocked throughout, and after the event.
- Conversion Services – For extra trash cans/recycling, and table/chairs/stage setup. Submit a work order in the Facilities work order system. http://fac-work-orders.du.edu:81/home.html Ken Parish – 303-871-3298
- Sodexho – Catering services https://dudining.sodexomyway.com/catering/index.html
- Parking and Transportation – Event parking http://www.du.edu/parking/events/index.html Lexi Aguilar – 303-871-3825
- Tech Support – All a/v equipment and tech support must be confirmed with an email to MCE.Support@du.edu or call to 303-871-3222 a MINIMUM of 7 business days in advance of your event or you may be charged a late request fee.
Room Use Guidelines
- Please leave the room in a clean and undamaged condition when your reservation is finished.
- Put tables and chairs back into the standard set up when finished – diagram is by the door.
- No recreational activities are permitted in ANY of the rooms of Katherine Ruffatto Hall. This includes but is not limited to, yoga or any type of fitness classes.
- If you are scheduling an event with food additional Custodial Services must be requested
- No alcoholic beverages shall be served without contracting through Sodexho catering services.
- Please turn off all of the lights in the room after your event is over.