Early Childhood Special Education Admission Requirements
The Early Childhood Special Education program provides the skills you need to help young children with developmental delays, disabilities, and special needs. Apply today to make a tangible difference in the lives of people in your community.
All applicants must have a completed bachelor’s degree earned from an accredited institution prior to beginning the program. The University of Denver requires that applicants have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. If your GPA does not meet this requirement, please contact the Morgridge Office of Admissions to discuss your eligibility options.
Applications will not be reviewed until all items listed below are received.
- Online Application for Graduate Admission
- Statement of Professional Goals
- Statement of Equity, Diversity and Social Justice
- Current Vita/Resume
- One (1) transcript from each college/university where at least 1 credit has been earned, sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions. This can be an unofficial copy; however, if admitted you must submit an official copy from each college/university by the first day of classes.
- This may include transcripts from community colleges, study abroad experiences, transfer institutions, non-degree coursework and military transcripts.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (uploaded by recommenders)
- $65 Application Fee
To view outstanding documents (i.e. letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc.) and admission decisions, please check your Application Status Page by logging in with your email address and password. After reviewing your application and all supplemental documents, the Morgridge College of Education will contact you via email to share next steps in the admissions process. All admission updates will be released via email.
Please ensure that the email address you provided within your application is one that you check frequently.
Requirements for International Applicants
International applicants, or applicants who do not hold a degree from an institution where English was the primary language of instruction, may be required to provide additional application requirements, which are outlined below:
Provide Proof of English Proficiency by submitting passing TOEFL, IELTS, or CAE scores
- Minimum TOEFL Score: 80 (iBT) or 550 (paper-based)
- Minimum IELTS Score: 6.5
- Minimum CAE Score: 169
It is strongly encouraged that you submit all application materials at least 14 business days in advance of a deadline to allow enough time for your application to be evaluated by the Office of International Admission. If admitted, you will be required to submit additional documents to complete the internationalization process to receive your visa. Please refer to the Office of International Student & Scholar Services for information and questions about this process at du.edu/isss.
Meet Your Admissions Representative
Noah Schlueter, Admission Counselor