Clinical Assistant Professor
Practicum & Internship Specialist
What I do
Clinical Assistant Professor, Practicum & Internship Specialist
school counseling, SchoolCounseling@Denver, grief and loss
- Ph.D., Counselor Education, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2019
- MA, Counseling, Rollins College, 2016
- BS, Psychology, University of Central Florida, 2013
Licensure / Accreditations
- Certification in Thanatology: Death, Dying, and Bereavement
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- American Counseling Association
- American School Counselor Association
- Association of Counselor Education and Supervision
- Association for Adult Development & Aging
- Colorado School Counseling Association
- National Alliance for Grieving Children
(2021). Creating a system of care for early adolescents grieving a death loss . Journal of Child and Adolescent Counseling, 7(3), 207-220..
(2021). Counselor preparedness to counsel grieving clients: Insights and implications. Death Studies..
(2021). Trauma-Informed grief counseling with older BIPOC individuals. Adultspan Journal, 20(2), 111-124..
(2020). Elementary school counselors supporting students experiencing anticipatory grief . Professional School Counseling Journal, 23(1), 1-9..
(2021). Perspectives on grief and loss, 64(5), 24-25..
(2021). “I’m not ready.” Preparing families for physician-assisted death. Association for Death Education and Counseling 42nd Annual Conference. Houston, Texas: Association for Death Education and Counseling..
(2021). COVID19: Stress and grief during a global pandemic. Naomi Ruth Cohen Institute 19th Annual Community Mental Health Conference. Virtual: Naomi Ruth Cohen Institute..
(2021). Grief counseling competencies: Advocacy, equity, and inclusivity. 2021 American Counseling Association Virtual Conference. Virtual: American Counseling Association..
(2021). Teaching grief and loss across the CACREP curriculum. Association for Counselor Education and Supervision 2021 Conference. Atlanta, GA: Association for Counselor Education and Supervision..
- Edie Stark-Shirley Scott Early Achievement Award, Association for Death Education and Counseling