Clinical Assistant Professor
Practicum & Internship Specialist
Katherine A. Ruffatto Hall, 1999 East Evans Avenue Denver, CO 80208-1700
What I do
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Counseling Psychology<br> Practicum & Internship Specialist, SchoolCounseling@Denver
Grief counseling; children and adolescent grief; counselor preparation and grief training
- Ph.D., Counselor Education, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2019
- MA, Counseling, Rollins College, 2016
- BS, Psychology, University of Central Florida, 2013
Licensure / Accreditations
- Certification in Thanatology: Death, Dying, and Bereavement
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- American Counseling Association
- American School Counselor Association
- Association of Counselor Education and Supervision
- Association for Adult Development & Aging
- Colorado School Counseling Association
- National Alliance for Grieving Children
(2020). Elementary school counselors supporting students experiencing anticipatory grief . Professional School Counseling Journal, 23(1), 1-9..
(2021). Perspectives on grief and loss, 64(5), 24-25..
(2022). Living with grief: Trauma and loss. Living with grief: Trauma and loss. Virtual: Hospice Foundation of America..
(2021). COVID19: Stress and grief during a global pandemic. Naomi Ruth Cohen Institute 19th Annual Community Mental Health Conference. Virtual: Naomi Ruth Cohen Institute..
(2022). Multi-tiered system of care for grieving adolescents. . 25th Annual National Symposium of Children's Grief Support. Orlando, FL: National Alliance for Children's Grief..
(2021). Teaching grief and loss across the CACREP curriculum. Association for Counselor Education and Supervision 2021 Conference. Atlanta, GA: Association for Counselor Education and Supervision..
- Edie Stark-Shirley Scott Early Achievement Award, Association for Death Education and Counseling